The Florida Department of Law Enforcement Basic Abilities Test [FDLE (BAT)] is used for admission into the Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs and/or entry level positions.
Candidates may take the exam three times in one year. Candidates must wait until the following year to retake the exam if they have taken it three times in one year.
Candidates will receive a Pass or Fail grade with their official results at the test center. The candidate will receive a printout with their exam results. The results will not show on the screen at the end of the exam.
- Visit the Pearson VUE test center website.
- Call the FDLE (BAT) call center at 1-877-729-0059 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Central Time.
- All payments for exam fees are handled through Pearson VUE.
- Candidates need to request accommodations from Pearson VUE.
- All FDLE (BAT) exams should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Rescheduling and Cancelling
- FDLE (BAT) candidates must reschedule and cancel exam appointments at least 24 hours before the appointment through the candidate website or the call center. Appointments must be rescheduled within the authorized exam delivery period. All registrations with accommodations must be rescheduled or canceled through the call center.